Shoe Fitting GuidePrint
Correctly Fitting Shoes
fitting shoes, are essential to ensure comfort and support for your
foot. Comfortable, properly supported feet, will allow you to live a
more active lifestyle, leading to better health and fitness all
round. We have put together some points for you to consider when
- Make sure you are wearing the socks or hosiery that you will be normally wearing with the footwear you are buying. To be on the safe side, you may wish to wear thicker socks when purchasing footwear to ensure you are allowing enough room for your feet.
- Always try on both shoes, and walk around the room then refasten your shoes firmly, to allow your feet to properly settle into the shoe.
- If the shoe slips at the heel, try pulling the foot firmly to the back of the shoe, and refasten the shoes more firmly to improve the fit of the shoe on your foot.
- Take care to select the correct size and fitting. Wearing shoes that are too long, just to achieve the right foot, can cause you to trip, and the shoes will not be to the correct proportions of your foot. Sandpiper have styles that can be adjusted by removing the insoles, which provides extra room in the shoe for wider or swollen feet.
- Sizes can vary between brands, and feet change shape as we get older, so you may find you are needing a different size to a previous pair of shoes.
- Shoes should feel soft, flexible and comfortable from the first time you put them on. However, it is advisable not to wear shoes for a long period for the first time you wear them, to allow your feet to get used to them gradually.
- Check that your feet are not right at the front of the shoe. After ensuring your heels are snugly at the heel of the shoe, make sure that there is a small space in the shoe in front of your longest toe.
More next week...
We hope this guide has been helpful and offered you some further tips that will help you to buy the correct shoes. Next week we will be looking at how soft leather and comfort features of Sandpiper Shoes can help people with sensitive feet to find comfortable footwear.
If this guide has inspired you to be kind to your feet and "discover real comfort" please take a look at the full range of comfort and wide fitting shoes on our website: www.sandpipershoes.com
Please follow Sandpiper Shoes on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/LoveSandpiper
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/sandpiper_shoes